Password Reset and Synchronization
Drive-down help desk costs and keep users productive
Fischer Password Reset and Synchronization improves user satisfaction and cuts your password-reset and help desk costs while keeping users productive by allowing them to quickly reset their forgotten passwords. Strengthen security and compliance by automatically enforcing password policies while reducing the number of passwords to remember.
Problem: Many organizations struggle to balance the high cost of resetting forgotten passwords and securing their IT assets by requiring sufficiently-strong password policies. The problem is often compounded by policies that force users to periodically change their passwords, as some users resort to writing their passwords in non-secure locations, sometimes even within plain sight. Yet clamping down too tightly can mean lost productivity and even lost sales as workers impatiently wait for the help desk or administrators to reset their passwords.
Solution: Password Reset and Synchronization delivers a comprehensive set of password-management capabilities including password self-service, policy enforcement and password synchronization. Users can reset their forgotten passwords without contacting the helpdesk, either by responding to a configurable set of challenge-and-response questions, or by authenticating with their credentials for an account on another connected system.
Benefits & Capabilities
- Self-service password reset from any location 24/7: keep users productive
- Reduce calls to your help desk
- Enforce your password policies across more systems: Windows, legacy, ERP, UNIX, etc.
- Intelligent "error checking" helps users quickly create policy-compliant passwords without frustration or having to understand policies
- Use a single, strong password for multiple accounts and systems
- Quickly create passwords that comply with any number of password policies
- Enable password resets by the help desk without costly errors or risk of misconduct: Eliminate excessive privileges
- Secure challenge / response authentication: never email passwords again
- Securely reset passwords from Blackberry, iPhone, and other mobile devices
- Intuitive, flexible self-service user interface: quickly maximize user adoption
- No desktop footprint required
- Secure: never stores passwords and all sensitive data are encrypted
- Provide password aging and notify users prior to password expiration
- Support any password policies, dictionary word checks, etc.
- Your choice of procurement model: Cloud or on-premise
For additional information on how your organization can benefit from Fischer Identity, please contact Fischer International Identity at +1 (239) 643-1500, or contact us through this website.