The efficient and predictable way to manage user access
Fischer Self-Service Portal quickly creates a streamlined, auditable process for providing and removing user access to IT and business assets via user self-service requests. Assets may be grouped and viewed however you need: by function, department, or by “role” to create an effective role-based access control (RBAC) environment. All request, approval, and fulfillment activities are automatically tracked for compliance.
Problem: Most organizations are susceptible to compliance, security, and business efficiency problems because they do not have an auditable framework for defining and enforcing "who has access to what." Paper-based processes can take weeks, are difficult to track, and produce errors.
Solution: The Self-Service Portal creates an intuitive, auditable, and enforceable framework for requesting and assigning IT accounts and physical assets:
- Managers and other authorized users can request to add/change/remove access to resources through a self-service portal that shows each user only the resources he or she is authorized to request.
- Approval authorities (typically managers who know which resources their employees should have) are able to approve, deny, ask for additional information, or reassign to another approval authority.
- Approved requests are routed to the appropriate Administrators to fulfill the request, or with Automated Role & Account Management, resources are automatically fulfilled. These persons indicate to the system when the resources have been fulfilled so that it can track who has been given access to each resource.
- Email notifications regarding request status can be automatically generated and sent to requesters, approvers, administrators, and recipients.
- All authorized persons can review the status of their requests through an intuitive web interface.
- View the history of any request for fast and accurate response to auditors.
- The end user UI is highly configurable down to the user level without the need for programming or scripting.
Benefits & Capabilities
- Standardize the onboarding and offboarding processes for employees, contractors, and others.
- Quickly remove access to all IT accounts and recover physical assets: preserve user data and audit records of actions performed by former users.
- Stop guessing which accounts to remove when a person departs. Ensure that no accounts are overlooked during the offboarding process to prevent orphan accounts and to avoid paying for unused software licenses.
- Provide history of when end users are onboarded and offboarded and their entitlements.
- Enable authorized persons to request resources for themselves or optionally for other specified persons without wasting time guessing who to contact for requests.
- Enforce requirements for one or more approvals for each request.
- Optionally secured with multi-factor authentication.
- Your choice of procurement model: Cloud or on-premise.
For additional information on how your organization can benefit from Fischer Identity, please contact Fischer International Identity at +1 (239) 643-1500, or contact us through this website.