As an Infrastructure Engineer, you will be responsible for supporting the underlying platform upon which Fischer’s Identity Suite operates. You will have a significant impact in maintaining and growing our infrastructure automation while maintaining service stability.
An acceptable candidate should possess, at a minimum, the following skills:
- Expert knowledge of Unix / Linux Operating Systems.
- Experience with shell scripting and programming.
- Understanding of TCP/IP and SSL.
- Experience with Apache Tomcat, Apache HTTPD, and IIS.
- Experience building secure trust relationships between end-points (CSR, CSA, etc.).
- Experience with enterprise software patching and upgrade processes for cloud platforms as well as customer environments.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Agile development methodologies.
- Experience with Infrastructure as code using Terraform.
- Experience with maintaining and administering monitoring tools, while reporting on metrics to give insight into the health of the overall infrastructure.
- Familiarity with Configuration management principles and Ansible.
- Experience with mission critical, 24x7 systems.
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always up, always-available service.
- Familiarity with Configuration Management principles and tools.
- Experience conducting disaster recovery planning and simulation tests.
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written experience with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Be willing to help your teammates, share your knowledge with them, and learn from them.
- Be open to receive feedback.
The following skills are strongly desired for this position:
- Knowledge of RDBMS and SQL.
- Experience coding in Java.
- Experience with Python.
- Experience deploying Docker.
- Experience with Kubernetes and micro-services.
- REST API knowledge and implementation experience.
- Deep understanding of server architecture and associated components: databases, caches, queues, load balancers and more.
The Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for the following:
- Maintain a sense of integrity and commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Identify and recommend areas of process improvement to gain operational efficiencies and improve the overall customer experience.
- Must be self-motivated and consistently review internal processes, enhancing product and solution knowledge as well as the IAM industry trends.
- Maintain and enhance our infrastructure automation.
- Work in a high impact, high intensity environment and stay focused and organized.
- Monitoring the identity as a service platform as it relates to bandwidth consumption, CPU and RAM usage; internal database connection monitoring; suggesting and implementing changes to the current monitoring solution to provide an effective alerting system for our customers and internal Infrastructure staff.
- Maintaining server integrity and stability.
- Updating our servers, client servers, and related systems.
- Monitoring servers for possible issues.
- Implementing new systems in support of Infrastructure objectives and initiatives.
- Writing shell scripts for Linux servers.
- Assisting other teams to troubleshoot issues.
- Updating and assessing existing shell scripts.
- Investigating reported issues or security threats.
- Documenting new procedures, Infrastructure and Security systems and updating outdated documentation.